About Me

My photo
I am the Princess to the King of Kings. I am loud. I am outgoing. I am silly. I am fun. I am a music lover. I am independent. I am emotional. I am a talker. I am a listener. I am loyal. I am a masterpiece. I am a HUGE Lakers fan. I am easily misunderstood. I am an iPhone addict. I AM FABULOUS.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Arkansas or Bust!

It's time for an update... most of you already know that after several months of prayer and seeking God's will, He finally spoke very clearly to me and said for me to move to Hot Springs, AR and be closer to my family. If you've been keeping up with this blog, you already know that Hot Springs wasn't where I thought God wanted me to be a year ago... and I said then, if God told me that I needed to move here, then I would, but not until He told me to. His timing and mine are a little different but his timing is perfect and I know He knows exactly what He's doing in my life.

When God prompted me to move to Arkansas, in my mind it couldn't have been worse timing. My grandma and great aunt were about to move in with my mom and Doug for a few weeks while they waited for their houses to be ready, my grandma was in the process of having her own house built right beside my mom and Doug's house, Doug was working nights which meant he was trying to sleep during the day with hammering right outside his window... and with me, comes two precious dogs that happen to shed their hair. (My mom and Doug have three dogs, none of which shed) So you can see how I came to question God's timing! Well, turns out... as always, His timing really is perfect. Not that it has been easy... moving never is, especially when you are moving to a new state and in with your parents after being independent and on my own for awhile... but living at my parents is only temporary, just until I get my feet on the ground! Through all of this and much more, I've seen God's hand. He is continuing to grow my Faith in Him and showing me new things about myself daily. I've learned to take each day as a new adventure and trying very hard to not focus on the past but embrace the moment and look forward to the future. My God is in control, now and always.

If you are struggling with knowing what to do now or next... remember that our God is in complete control and has perfect timing. His plan is best! Lean on Him and He'll reveal His plan to you, in His timing!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" --- Jeremiah 29:11

Have a great week!
-Lindsay Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment