About Me

My photo
I am the Princess to the King of Kings. I am loud. I am outgoing. I am silly. I am fun. I am a music lover. I am independent. I am emotional. I am a talker. I am a listener. I am loyal. I am a masterpiece. I am a HUGE Lakers fan. I am easily misunderstood. I am an iPhone addict. I AM FABULOUS.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

If You Have To Cry, Go Outside!

So yesterday after running a few errands, I decided to go to Barnes and Noble and look around. I picked up Kelly Cutrone's "If You Have To Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You"... I sat down with my java chip frap in hand and started reading... funny because I actually just planned on reading a little bit of it and if I like it, buying it. Instead I found myself sitting there reading the entire thing! Oops, I'm sure Barnes and Noble doesn't appreciate you just reading their books without buying, but oh well! Needless to say I really enjoyed her book. I didn't agree with all of what she had to say, mostly concerning religion, but there were a lot of truths to what she was saying. I recommend picking it up, or maybe just reading it at Barnes and Noble! ha... Try to keep an open mind! Most of the book she talks about finding who you are, finding what you love to do, then doing it and not taking no for an answer... and since the last few months I've been trying to find a j.o.b I really related to what she was saying in a lot of ways. I wish that I could say I read her book and now I know exactly what I want to pursue... unfortunately... I didn't. I definitely know I wouldn't last one minute in the fashion industry, considering the first time some one yelled at me, I'd probably get so mad, I'd cry. Clearly, that wouldn't work. But I really am searching and trying to figure out what exactly I want to do with my life. Maybe it's time for me to jump feet first into something new.... maybe I should move to Dallas (I've always said I wanted to live there)... maybe I should start an event planning company, considering I probably won't ever have a wedding of my own, maybe I could live vicariously through other people,ha! Well, I guess I'm still searching for what to do with my life! Praying God would provide me with CLEAR guidance.


On another note please say a prayer for a friend of mine, Jennifer Palmer and her family, who will be remembering her daughter Haley, who passed away June 13, 2008. I'm sure this week is probably harder than most for their family and any extra prayer would be appreciated as the continue fighting to find a cure for CF!

Also, my friend Jake Johnson is deployed in Afghanistan and his precious wife, Brittany is home with a one year old and twins on the way!!! Please keep them in your prayers as well!!!

I hope everyone is having a good week! My mom and I are starting Weight Watchers tonight, and for those of you that know me, you know that the thought of this gives me hives and keeps me up at night thinking of what I can eat for the next day to stay in my points... It literally becomes an obsession! EEEEKKKK!!! Hopefully I won't freak out this time, like I have every other time before! Wish me luck!!! (I'm gonna need it!)

Now... what can I have for lunch???? lol
Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment